Friday, June 27, 2014

Shh, Don't Talk Loudly, It's the Grocery Store

I was in the grocery store in the soda aisle looking for the sale of the week so that I could message my husband and have him tell me if it was a good sale of the week.  This is because I don't pay attention to soda costs as I drink mostly tea and other non-carbonated things.  

So, anyway, while I was looking and taking pictures of sale tags, I needed to get around a Pepsi representative who was stocking the Pepsi products.  I asked him something (I don't remember what) and he answered me, in a whisper.  That part I remember.

I remembered it because I thought, "why is that man whispering to me?"  Oh, wait a minute, I think I whispered my question to him.   Interesting.

The man and I got to talking and he said he didn't know why, but people always talked to him in a whisper and he just started answering back in a whisper.

I don't know why we talk in a whisper in the grocery store when we're speaking to an unknown person, but thinking back on it, I can see it happening.  

How strange.

The Big Boy Update:  My son loves "Chocolate Nook" which means chocolate milk but he mispronounces it.  Today we were talking about going to a favorite restaurant of his and we asked him what he wanted to drink, expecting him to want chocolate milk.  He said he wanted juice.  His sister, being helpful, told him that no, he wanted chocolate milk.  He said that no, he wanted juice.  We said okay that was fine and kept driving.  A minuted later he said from the back seat, "don't forget the juice."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I got new hair clips and my daughter wanted all of them in her hair.   All sixteen of them.  After I put them everywhere, she went to look in the big mirror.  I brought the hand mirror and showed her how to look at the back of her head, which she thought was pretty neat.

Fitness Update:  We've been doing a new warmup at the gym that has been deceptively easy looking but much harder to actually do.   It's less cardiovascular but will help in other areas, building stabilizer muscles and adding flexibility.  Also, it's nice to do something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment