Friday, February 28, 2014

Temper

I have been very short on temper the last two days.  I dislike it when I snap at my children for things that I should be able to handle in a more positive way.  I don't like when I yell at them because what they're doing is very child-like, but so not what an adult wants to have happen--like pouring an entire cup of water on the table, just to see what happens.

My children have been children, nothing more, but when you're running low on patience, it's hard to be the parent you want to be.  My children are at that age where they like to push you and see what they can get away with.  Okay, wait, that's not entirely accurate, they are in that long stretch of life called, "childhood" in which they test and test and test their parents to see what happens.  Today, I was not interested in being tested.

Today I was a crappy parent.  Tomorrow,  I hope I'll be a more mellow mom.

The Big Boy Update:  "I'm going to do it the right way."  My son had brought out a very simple puzzle with colored fish.  All the fish are the same shape and any fish will fit into any spot.  My son for the first time decided there should be some order to the fish and wanted to put the colored fish into the matching colored slot. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "Why you doing the bouncy house one?"  My daughter asked me this question and I had no idea what she was talking about at first.  We had some sticky substances get into the car seat latches and I had been soaking them in water to dissolve any residue.  I decided to dry out the latches with a hairdryer and had gotten the extension cord so my hair dryer would reach the car.  What I didn't realize was that the only other thing my daughter has ever seen us use that extension cord for was to plug in the bouncy house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment