Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dinner With Friends

We had dinner with our neighbors tonight.  We went to one of their favorite restaurants.  We enjoyed small plates that we shared and a lot of good conversation.  I had a great night.  We have some great neighbors.

Among stories shared were those about pregnancy, delivery and other things best shared only by those who have lived through the horrors (or joys) of delivering and raising a child.  That's not to say that others might not be interested in the stories, just that those that have experienced them personally will find your stories that much more humorous.

We have a lot in common with our next-door-neighbors.  We plan to go out on child-free dinners more often. 

The Big Boy Update:  "Why we have balloons in the car?"  My son asked me this after having a lovely dinner at a restaurant.  Upon leaving, the waiter gave both my son and daughter balloons.  They happily carried them to the car and were then strapped into their seats.  As we drove off, my son asked us why we had balloons in the car

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   "I want a spoon."  My daughter has a utensil issue.  She only likes spoons.  If a for is available, it's not a spoon.  She has almost had a tantrum over the lack of spoon at her place.  Okay, let me think that through, she has had a tantrum because a spoon, "wasn't available".  We're not letting her have a spoon every time she asks for one because she needs to learn that a fork is a useful tool as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment