Saturday, February 8, 2014

The First Movie

My children have seen movies before.  On long trips in the car they see Disney or other children's movies.  My son has gotten gifts of movies from friends and on Friday night Movie night at our house, they stay up and watch movies (or part of a movie) with the other children until it's their bedtime.

Today, we decided to take them to their first theater movie.  We wondered if they would be impressed by the big screen, but they seemed to find a very large screen completely reasonable.  They sat in the seats and looked comfortable, even if they looked tiny in the big chairs.  They liked the popcorn and ate some of the hot dog we had gotten them and my daughter decided the ICEE was the best thing about the whole experience.

We decided to take them to Frozen, at the recommendation from a friend with several children.  My son had no difficulty sitting through the entire movie, which did not surprise us at all.  My daughter did well until fairly close to the end, which was a surprise to me--I didn't think she was going to last that long.

My son asked questions to daddy during the quiet points when the scene shifted such as, "where did that girl go?"  My daughter ate popcorn and Cheetos and drank a lot of beverage from a very large cup.  I think we all enjoyed the movie. 

The Big Boy Update:  On the way home my son took off one shoe and sock and told us, "Frozen hurt my foot."  He had some mulch or something in his sock that had been poking at his foot,  On the ride home we asked him again if he could say, "Raleigh" and this time he replied, "No, 'cause I have an accent."  How is this kid ever going to get home when he's lost? 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She didn't have any trouble in the dark at her first movie, but she did the other night in her bed.  She was crying out, "mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy" for a while, so I went up and said to her, "I'm here" to which she replied, "I want daddy."

Fitness Update:  Krispy Kreme Challenge day was today.  Five miles, twelve donuts, 2400 calories, one hour.  I accomplished everything except the 2400 calories.  Instead of eating the donuts, my neighbor and I picked up our boxes and kept running back to the start.  Uncle Jonathan, on the other hand, not only ate all twelve donuts, he beat us in time as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment