Saturday, February 22, 2014

Laura Little

My children were invited to a birthday party today.  We got our present, decorated our card, put on some cute clothes (the children, not me) and headed over to their house.  I had looked up the address several days before because I recognized the street, but couldn't place it.

I did know where that street was, but I hadn't been there in years.  I was pretty certain one of my friends from elementary school had lived on that street, but I couldn't remember exactly.  It's hard to remember street names when you're years away from driving and your parents take you everywhere.

But I was right, it was her street I discovered when we arrived.  I could picture her house, so interesting to me because it was a contemporary design.  There were skylights and angles and it was very exciting inside because it felt both open and like there were lots of little spaces at the same time.

I hadn't remembered her name until we parked and got out of the car.  I looked over to here house and suddenly her name, Laura Little, came to me.  How memory works is amazing.

The Big Boy Update:  Naked.  We were outside today, in February, without jackets.  It was sunny and warm and our neighbor's son was out in a t-shirt and shorts.  My son and daughter walked up to the neighbor's porch a while later and after some time we decided we'd better go check on what they were doing.  My son had taken every bit of clothing off because, "they were dirty."  He decided he wanted to play naked for another hour outside.  He even slid down the slide naked.  Hillarious.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Must...be...naked...too.  My daughter decided if her brother could be naked, she could be naked.  She also took off all her clothes, slid down the slide, fell in the dirt, wiped her bottom off with a cloth and then kept playing.  I kept my clothes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment