Monday, February 17, 2014

Two Years of Mondays

Today, like all Mondays for the last two years was weigh-in.  I send myself an email with the results and my husband and I can see if we're maintaining, gaining or losing over time.  This morning was the last Monday in year two.  I know how well I've done for two years now.

The first year was when I set off to lose the weight I'd gained from being pregnant with two children and just general overeating.  That year I lost 23.5 pounds.  During that time I started exercising and running and over time, the weight I'd lost became too much because I was building muscle.  So, part-way through last year I had to put some weight back on.   At the end of year two I think I look about the same but I've gained eight pounds. 

Fifty two weeks, three-hundred-sixty-five days of eating and I'm maintaining my weight so I guess I'm doing something right.  Thanks to my husband for making huge vats of broccoli and grilling fish for me so many times this year. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has only one pacifier left.  He's too old for it and he hasn't been that interested in it for some time, but he does like to have it handy.  What I found out several days ago is that it's actually broken.  There is a hole in the sucking part that would be helpful if it was a nipple on a bottle, but defeats the purpose for a pacifier.  He hasn't told us it's broken and we're pretending we haven't noticed.  It may even disappear soon.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My mother was singing "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" to my daughter the other day. After finishing that song, she moved on to "Twinkle Twinkle".  My daughter stopped her and said, "no no no...I want the one about the cherries."  I suppose she'd never heard of a chariot before.

Fitness Update:  I went to the gym today but wasn't feeling well so I rode on the stationary bike for the whole time while I watched other people doing the hard stuff.   I feel much better now.  I suspect it was my husband's stuffed shells for dinner that did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment