Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why They Cry

I looked over at my husband's computer screen today to see him scrolling through pictures of young children crying.  I moved closer and saw the captions on these pictures.  And then I started to laugh.  I laughed and laughed and couldn't stop laughing.  I asked him to send me a link to the page and then I sat at my computer and laughed some more.  I called my mother and told her about the site and she started laughing too.

Children crying doesn't sound funny, unless you've seen them in action.  Toddlers will cry for the most absurd reasons.  My son has cried because I moved his milk glass away from the edge of the table.  He's cried because he needed to put his shoes on so he could go to a pizza party.   My daughter's cried because I'm trying to give her the iPad (so I can get my iPhone back).

There were pictures of children crying for all sorts of silly reasons, and I could identify with all of them from personal experience.  As I scrolled down the site, I noticed the father who had started it all by posting pictures of his son online, had a book coming out.  I'm going to get that book and I'm going to put it in our powder room for visitors.  For now, I'm just going to scroll through his site and laugh.

http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/

The Big Boy Update:   The sleep window.  My son has this window of falling asleep that I try to avoid.  If he falls asleep in the car just before you get to your destination, you're okay, but if he's been asleep more than five minutes, you're going to have a very cranky child on your hands when you wake him up.  Waking him up is another trick altogether.  He is the captain of Team Limp Limbs after ten minutes asleep.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The true tantrum.  My daughter had a real tantrum this evening, which isn't like her.  She was upset because she wanted juice and I wouldn't let her hold the cup (which was paper and unstable).  The tantrum went on and on and I tried not to laugh too much after all the pictures of children crying I had looked at earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment