Sunday, February 23, 2014

We're Leaving...

My children really don't care if we leave.  They like their sitters and they have fun when people come to visit.  They might be upset when we go because, for example tonight, my son didn't want to eat dinner.  He didn't want to eat dinner because he was overly hungry.  Our sitter, Tristan, sat on the steps while he wallowed on the lowest stair and asked him some unrelated questions and the next thing I knew, my son was eating his dinner.

Did they care when we told Tristan we were leaving?  Not one bit.  I suppose I'm proud of that.  They don't have separation anxiety with either my husband or me.   On the other hand, it's nice to be wanted and missed. 

I suppose you can't have both attachment and independence at the same time.

The Big Boy Update:  Under the dining room table.  My son loves to get under the dining room table.  It's a square table so there is room for him to easily sit under there with a toy, multiple toys or as in the case today, an iPad he found.  I wouldn't have discovered him for a good while had he not turned up the volume on the app he was playing.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was eating pretzel sticks today and she was making shapes on the table with them.  She had made a triangle and I showed her how you could put a triangle on top of a square and make a house.  She looked at the house and said, "that's Madison's house!"  Madison is her next-door-neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment