Monday, February 10, 2014

The Funny Things They Say

I have more quotes today than I do random thoughts and so here are some things my children have done that have made us laugh:

Potty Talk - You know your really likes his five-year-old neighbor when you hear this:
My son: "Hey Hudson, do you want to watch me go potty?"
Hudson: "Um, no."

Birthday Spider Webs - This morning at breakfast, my son was shooting webs from his hands in true Spiderman fashion.  He added sound effects and looked very convincing in his Spiderman pajamas when he said...
G:  "I give you spider webs Reese."
R:  "NO, I don't want spider webs!"
G:  "I give them to you for your birthday."
R:  (thinking about it) ... "Birthday cake!"
G:  "I don't have birthday cake, I have spider webs."

Magic Trick - My father came over this afternoon and just before he left, he pulled some coins out of my son's ear.  He changed the coin to a different color and then he turned it back.  Before he left he put the coin back in my son's ear.  As he walked out the front door, my daughter was putting her hand up, touching her ear thoughtfully, when I heard her say after him, "I wanna do my ear."

Cowboy Hat - Mimi gave my son these tassel ropes yesterday.  This morning he was playing with one and had tied it into a shape that looked a little like a lasso.  I showed him how to swing a lasso around and said cowboys did that to catch cattle.  My son spun it around and flung it out in the bedroom.  Before I knew it, he had lassoed the dresser knob.  He said, "I caught it!"  I told him he was pretty good and that we might have to get him a cowboy hat.  As he left the room he yelled back, "and a cowboy dress!"

No comments:

Post a Comment