Friday, September 27, 2013

Super Reese

My daughter has absolutely no interest in being a princess.  She has an older brother who is into cars, trucks, excavators, dump trucks and super heroes and that has some impact on her.  But don't tell her she looks like a princess, because she'll have none of it.

We had several super hero shirts for my son, mostly because he likes them and they're easy to find for boys.  I didn't realize my daughter wanted to be a super hero too until one day she wanted to wear his super man shirt.  After that, I made an effort to find her some super gear of her own.

I now have a super girl dress, replete with cape.  I also got her two "night night" outfits that have what looks like a super girl with a cape on it.  I asked her if she wanted to be "Super Reese," and yes, indeed she did.  She loves being a super hero.  One of the outfits has different super girls all over it with different faces, races and hair styles.  She likes to point to them and say, "Super Reese" and then point to herself.

She really likes being a super hero and I like having Super Reese around to save the day too.

The Big Boy Update:  Stuck.  Somehow, I don't know how because I wasn't there, he put a felt trash can on his head and then got his arms through the handles and got stuck.   He walked down the stairs without falling, arms sticking in the air, went to the garage and was trying to find daddy (who was at the grocery store.)  Uncle Jonathan got a picture and then saved him.  Apparently he was saying, "daddy, I need help.  Daddy, I stuck."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She is my Super Reese household super hero.  She loves wearing her super girl outfits far more than any other clothes she has right now. 

Fitness Update:  22.25 miles and a new distance record.  We're coming in at just under eleven minutes per mile on average.  But that includes stops to drink and stretch and today, we ran far enough that we got to the next city over and made it to a junior high school.  We went in and got cool water (so wonderful) and even used the facilities.  So, I'm guessing we'd be a little faster on our times when we're running the marathon in November.  

No comments:

Post a Comment