Thursday, September 5, 2013

Purely Splendid

I was torn between "Purely Splendid" and "Splendone" as a post title for today.  Either one is equally cheesy, given the actual topic of the post, which is about finishing the artificial sweetener packets I bought so long ago.

Way back in time, probably after the dark ages but before the Renaissance was over, I went to Costco and got two boxes of artificial sweeteners: Splenda and Purevia.  I was dieting to lose the weight I had gained from two pregnancies and I needed to cut back on caloric intake in many small ways, one of which was using sugar or honey in my coffee and tea. 

Costco was right there for me with 1000 packets of Splenda and 2000 packets of Purevia in large boxes.  At the time, I didn't think about the lengthy obligation to these products I was making when I pushed the cart into the check out line. 

I lost the weight after some number of months and yet I still had vats of packets to use up.  I gave them away as Halloween candy and still, we had buckets full.  I wrapped them up as holiday gifts and they still managed to take up a large amount of storage in my cabinet.

But, as of today, I have prevailed.  With the help of hapless trick-or-treaters and house guests that unknowingly went home with extra sweetener packets zipped into their travel bags, the lot is gone, used, consumed and finished.   Let the celebration begin.

The Big Boy Update:  On the motorcycle...literally.  Yesterday daddy went into the garage to find my son on his motorcycle.  And I don't mean my son's plastic motorcycle.  He had figured out how to climb up onto daddy's motorcycle.  He was happily sitting on the seat and playing with the buttons.   I was worried it could have fallen over on him but daddy reassured me that it's very heavy and quite well balanced and that that wouldn't happen.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Walk away <insert your name here>.  Yesterday at lunch my daughter was practicing sentences.  She was telling everyone to walk away and then adding her name to the end.  She even told herself to walk away once, all while quietly sitting in her chair and smiling that cute little girl smile she does.

Fitness Update:  We went to the gym to see our personal trainer for the first time in several weeks this morning.  I let him know he would see very little of me until after I complete the marathon at the start of November.  Then, I plan to be back much more regularly.  Although, maybe I should reconsider.  This morning he said, "let's see if we can get you two to pass out today."

No comments:

Post a Comment