Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Suddenly Sick

I've had a cough.  It was a dry, hacking cough for several weeks and but now it's more of a fruitful, chesty cough.  It's been the worst year I can remember for overall sickness.  From everything I hear, it's children and school and it happens for all families at this time in their lives.  So I'm living with it. 

Yesterday, I started to feel overly achy after my workout.  I didn't think it was that hard of a workout.  Maybe those extra hundred pushups and the four miles of running had something to do with it but that wasn't anything out of the ordinary so I didn't worry too much about it.   Then, we went to dinner.

And suddenly, I started to feel very bad.  I started to get the aches all over like either you've been hit with a Mack truck or your sick or you've exercised way too long, only some of the places I was aching were internal and were much more along the lines of fever aches than muscle aches.

It was growing worse at a dramatically fast pace.  I told daddy when we got home I was putting one child in bed and then climbing in bed myself.  When I got home, I checked and had a fever of 100.1, and I wasn't surprised about that given how I felt.   A half hour later, after getting tiny to bed, I had a fever of 101.0, and I felt like crap on a cracker that's been soaking in luke warm water.  I was asleep before 8:00PM.

My husband suggested I take some Nyquil for the symptoms, which helped some.  I took a second dose at 4:30AM but the fever had subsided by then.  Today, the fever is gone, but I'm tired and confused as to what the whole thing was about.  Am I getting over it?  Is this just a lull?  I suppose I'll find out.

The Big Boy Update:  "Help, I stuck."  He was calling out for help and daddy couldn't find him.  Finally he realized he had climbed over the back of the big sofa chair in the corner of the bedroom and was wedged behind it in the triangular void of at the corner.  The chair was taller than he was.  I suspect he's found a future hide-and-go seek location.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "Where's Reese?"  She will, unexpectedly, play peekaboo with you.  The words, "where's Reese" aren't that clear when she has her hands over her face hiding her eyes so you might not get what's happening until you see her grinning as she pulls her hands away from her face in her car seat and proudly exclaims, "Here's Reese!"  Peekaboo is another word she says, sort of.  That's a hard one to say but she tries.

Someone Once Said:  Seems to be a deep instinct in human beings for making everything compulsory that isn’t forbidden

1 comment:

  1. so sorry you are not feeling well. Take care and stay in bed! Lots of fluids. Don't rush to get moving again. No running or push ups! xoxo

    ReplyDelete