Friday, May 10, 2013

All Caught Up

Historically you would watch a television show and then you would wait another week until the next episode or installment came out.  If you forgot SuperExcitingShowX was on on Wednesday, you were just out of luck (unless you knew how to program your VCR).  If you heard FantasticShowY was something you just had to start watching because everyone wouldn't shut up about it, you would need to have a friend catch you up on the story so far, because no one had full seasons at their disposal. 

In the past few years that's changed dramatically though.  There are DVR's which make it so easy to store weeks of a show, including reruns for you to watch at your leisure.  And what about that new show you should really catch up on?  Easy as three slices of pie.  Just go to one of the handy streaming companies and stream the last four seasons back to back until you're bought in to the current plot line, no matter how far-fetched.

We live in a time of media convenience.  It can be very nice.  I am known for getting behind on anything television related.  It could be my favorite show, but I might let it pile up for six weeks and then be in the mood to watch it.  That just happened to me last week.  I finally decided to watch all the queued episodes I'd been putting off, saving up, looking forward to, only I wasn't in the mood right now.   And now there's a void because I have to wait--yes, you heard me correctly--I have to wait for the next episode to be released. 

But I was just getting into the show.  I remembered how great all the characters were and they did this new, interesting plot twist that I am keen to see the outcome of.  But I have to wait. 

It's much easier to wait when you don't have to.  It's harder to wait when you don't have a choice.

The Big Boy Update:  "No, I have my own hands."   This morning, Papa offered to help my son down the stairs by saying, "Would you like my hand?" to which my son told him he had his own hands, thank you very much.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Two bows.  Her hair continues to need some sort of up-top maintenance to keep it away from her eyes.  She came home with two little top knot bows that worked very well.  I'm so going to have to figure out how to do little girl's hair soon.

Fitness Update:  With Nana and Papa at the house this morning, daddy and I got a rare treat: we went to the gym together.  Normally, one would stay back to manage two sleeping (or usually not sleeping) children until it's their turn to go exercise.  It was a nice change.  I discovered my husband isn't as chatty as my girlfriend is. 

Someone Once Said:  Bravery is going on anyhow when you are so terrified you’re sphincters won’t hold and you can’t breathe and your heart threatens to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment