Thursday, May 23, 2013

Banking Day

Do you remember when the banking day would end right in the middle of the work day?  For most of my life, the banking day would end at 2:00 PM.  After that time, any transactions, deposits, etc., would show up on the following day.

I had forgotten about that until yesterday when it appears I broke an ATM.  I was in the middle of depositing a check and all was going as expected, when the ATM told me there had been an error, spit out my card and promptly shut down saying it was offline and would be back soon.

At that point, I looked at the time to see if it was around two o'clock.  Historically, the bank would take down each ATM in turn to close out transactions on it and start the next banking business day when it was brought back online.

These days with the advances in electronic communication and speed of computer processors, banks can more easily get their bank-to-bank transactions done in the evening, without having a portion of the main business day devoted to closing out the prior day.

I don't know when my bank switched over to full banking days.  I wonder how many years it's been now...

The Big Boy Update:  "I'm a girl."  He told me this morning on the way to school that he was a girl.  He told me his sister was a girl too.  I asked him if he was sure he was a girl or did he think he might be a boy instead?  But no, he said he was sure he was a girl. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Regression!  I asked her teacher this morning what had happened to her potty training.  It appears she's regressed.  She refuses to make any sort of production on the potty.  She likes sitting on the potty, will tell  you she needs to go or has gone or wants to go, but then nothing happens.  Nothing that is, until three minutes after you put her pants back on.  Her teacher agreed with me and said this happens.  She also said to have her run around naked all weekend and to keep the potty handy.  Sometimes that fixes the issue.

Fitness Update:  Don made me do something at the gym this morning that I didn't understand.  He had me drop the ropes I was working on, bend my arms at the elbows and hold my arms upwards.  Then he had me turn on a forty-five degree angle.  I was looking at him waiting for more explanation on what to do, confident in the fact that it wasn't going to be easy, when he said, "Now make some muscles."  Then I realized he'd put me in a pose position and I had totally fallen for it. 

Someone Once Said:  Never try to outstubborn a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment