Thursday, May 30, 2013

Inbox

I really hate a full inbox.  On the flip side, I love nothing more than an empty inbox.  I use my mail inbox as my funnel and storehouse for all things I must get done or attend to.  So, the larger the inbox, the more mess I'm behind on.

There are handy to do lists and task minder tools out there.  But no matter what tool I use, there's still the steady influx of email--email that must be taken care of.  So, if I'm already dealing with the email. I might as well use my inbox as a to do list.

I can see how old things are that I haven't gotten done because I sort by date received.  There's nothing more annoying than emails sitting in the "from one month ago" category at the bottom. 

It is a strong motivator (for me) to get things done.  It's not for other people.  I know people who have thousands of emails in their inbox.  They don't file them or delete them; they just read them.  That works for them.  I would be crushed by the electronic weight of their inboxes if it were me.

The Big Boy Update:  So loud.  He is having volume problems.  I hear this isn't uncommon.  He is just loud all the time.  We're working on helping him find his "inside voice" and it's neighbor, his "quiet voice".

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Click!  She has entered the phase in when she must click things together.  Seat belts, the little restraining strap in the shopping cart or high chair.  If you need fifteen minutes to get something done, just put her in front of a lap belt and she won't move from the spot.

Someone Once Said:  You never had to endure that overpowering fatigue that comes with unending pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment