Monday, May 27, 2013

(.) or (). Help

I need to get back on my grammar study.  I've been doing a lot of writing with parenthesis.  It's become apparent to me I don't know when to put the period of a sentence inside the parenthesis and when to put it outside.  I just don't know.

I don't know if it's correct (to end inside.)  Or should I finish thusly (with the period outside).  Also, that last sentence was a question, so the punctuation was completely off, but you get the point and that is that I don't know.

I think it has something to do with where the thought ends, but I'm going to have to figure that part out.  More when I know more.

The Big Boy Update:  Rock head.  His hat was wet.  It was drenched, and I didn't know why.  Why should his hat be completely wet the other day?  I asked Papa about it.  Apparently my son had found a large, exciting, can't possibly live without rock and while they were on walkabout and he needed to bring it home.  It was heavy.  It was too heavy to easily carry so my son decided to carry it on his head.  On his head was a hat.  The hat protected his head from the mud on the rock.  So that's why the hat was wet--because it was washed after the rock made it home.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: Reesegression.  That's what I'm calling this potty training regression Reese is going through.  It fits.  Today, she had on underpants.  I brought in a dress to put her in.  I put it on the floor.  She got up, walked over to the dress, squatted over it and peed through her underwear directly onto it.  Was that a message?

Someone Once Said:  There are situations in which courage is useless. One finds such a situation only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment