Monday, August 27, 2012

Quotation Addition

Main blog post, update on my son, update on my daughter, update on fitness, and I'm thinking about adding another section to each day's posts.  This is clearly an indication I'm not as bright as people have said I am.

Or perhaps I'm under the illusion that I have more time than I think I do.  Maybe I've found a way to squeeze twenty-five hours out of a twenty-four hour day.  Or maybe it turns out I have more to say than I thought I did.

So new section as of today with a quotation that has some meaning to me.  I've collected quotes for years and years.  When I read a book and something strikes me as true, I turn down the page and take a note of it later.  Then, when I need inspiration, reassurance, validation, etc. at some later point, I refer back to my list of quotes. 

A single quote can help crystallize a situation, give you the fortitude to know you're doing the right thing or confirm that you need to rethink how you're behaving so you'd best straighten yourself out.  That's the power of a good quote. 

But I'm going to break with tradition.  I'm not going to give the quotation a citation.  I'm not taking credit for it, no no no.  I just want to focus on the message.  If it bothers you all that much, send me an email and I'll give you the details. 

The Big Boy Update:  The French Fry Hand-off.  He's hungry and we're on the way home.  I have raw beets and Brussels sprouts for lunch and... wait, no I don't.  I went to the drive through at McDonalds because, nuggets... yeah!  Okay, strike one for healthy, but we make it up in other ways with nutritional food choices.  Back to the car though.  He can smell the fries.  And he is a master at grabbing them out of my hand.  I get one or two long ones in my hand and wave them behind me while I drive.  I don't have to look back.  He will grab them from wherever I wave.  He despises things that are hot, but he will take a piping hot french fry and hold on until it cools down enough to eat.  Then he asks for, "moi." 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: Do not tread lightly.  She doesn't.  She crawls with purpose.  If she's on the hardwood floors,  you can hear her coming.  If she's on the carpet, you still might be able to hear where she's going.  Either way, she's moving fast.

Fitness Update:  Five miles this morning, three this afternoon.  Two running buddies.  Fun.

Someone Once Said:  Hear, hear!  'Less than perfect.'  What I've been aiming for all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment