Sunday, August 5, 2012

Family Photo Fun

For my son's school families book each student submits a family photo and a bio about themselves, in their own words, saying anything they like.  In the case of toddlers with limited vocabulary, the parents get to write something up. 

The bio I had done a few weeks ago.  I've been waiting on family pictures we had taken at one of the school's summer socials back in June.  Since the due date was getting close for our family picture submission, I did some chasing down with the staff at school about the pictures.  There were some holdups, and I finally got the two shots that were the best last night. 

Everyone looks great, except for my son, who looks surly in one picture and is looking away in the other.  Time for plan B.

My in-laws came to town this morning.  After lunch, when the children were in a full and happy mood, we got some shots out on the new play set.  My mother-in-law can make any baby smile and laugh because she's willing to do whatever it takes, no matter how silly it might make her look, to get that big grin appear. 

She got them looking at the camera and smiling, my father-in-law got the camera taking shot after shot and we now have a family photo.  How do people with big families do it?  Getting two babies to sit still, look at the camera and smile at the same time takes four adults and some luck.

The Big Boy Update:  Potty update (you know you want to know.)  Lots of time on the potty.  Lots of books read.  Lots of training pants wet or messy.  Not one single production in the potty yet. 


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She is just so happy.  She smiles all the time.  Smiles at everyone, strangers, other babies, pieces of fluff on the floor and Mickey Mouse (of course.)

Fitness Update:  11.1 miles this morning and I'm only two miles away from a half marathon distance.  But...so...tiring.  Maybe I just wasn't ready to be running this morning.  I gave myself a good rest from the eight mile run three days ago, so I should have been fine.  I didn't get as much sleep as usual, so that could have been a contributing factor.  I also ran a more challenging route than the ten mile run.  Today, I was just tired.  We're doing a half marathon early November, and as of today, I'm glad I have time to train.  I need to be able to make the distance, and make it easily; because if the last race is any indication, when you race you push yourself harder and faster.  So there's work to be done.  But it's good to have a mission and a goal.  Also, I hit my first 1000 calorie workout.  Two hours three minutes of non-stop running.  If you tell the March 2012 version of me about it, I guarantee you I wouldn't believe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment