Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Stars Look Painful

 I've been walking a lot lately.  Since food is such a temptation away from home on vacation, getting more exercise has helped.  Last night, I didn't get a chance to walk until the children were in bed.  It was dark outside, and delightful weather.

I discovered I can walk lots longer and farther if there's something occupying my mind.  I brought my phone, which was logging statistics about the walk, and had it play an audiobook while I walked.  The time went very quickly.

The streets I was walking in had a collection of street lamps out on one side that was beside a large culvert.  I looked up to see a crisp clear sky with lots of stars.  I love looking at the stars, but at this point in my life, they look uncomfortable.

I've had cervical spinal fusion that makes leaning my head back and looking up something I'd rather not do.  It's not painful per se, but it's the kind of thing your mind tells your body you'd better move along and find another activity quickly.  Looking at the stars is nice, but I can't look for long. 

Maybe I'll lie out on one of the pool-side chairs one night and see the stars in a more comfortable setting.

The Big Boy Update:  High Speed.  He's getting better at running.  He likes to run around, be chased and run away.  He is more stable and I don't worry he's going to maim his face every time he takes off.  He still doesn't like to have his hand held and led anywhere.  He hates that.  But he likes holding your hand and running around.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Size Three Diapers.  She still wears size two diapers, but a few times overnight she's wet through them in the back because they were so low.  Last night, I put her in a size three of her brother's.  The diaper went up very high, but she stayed dry.

Right-size Countdown:  4.6 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment