Monday, April 9, 2012

Boat Ride or Celebrity Cruise?

We were going on a boat ride today.  We had heard about it for a while, it was on the inter-costal waterway a half-hour away in Juipter, Florida.  I thought my son would enjoy looking at the sights and being on a bigger boat.  He did have a good time, although the ride was longer than anticipated and he didn't have any place to nap.  He fell asleep on the ride home, and although it's dinner time, we were able to transition him to the crib for a well-needed nap.

The "boat ride" wasn't what I expected though.  I don't know this area well, or at all even outside the neighborhood I've been walking and running around in for the past several days.  When the boat driver/tour guide started the tour, he told us about the famous lighthouse and it's special glass lenses.  It was looking up to be an interesting tour about the indian natives and local flora and fauna.

The he started talking about the large, beautiful houses on Jupiter Island.  He was listing the names of owners, how much they paid for the houses, their estimated current value, how much their boats cost, crazy things they'd done with their homes, etc.

I was thinking this guy sure was obsessed with his neighbors—wealthy, extravagant neighbors.   As the "boat ride" went on, I realized it wasn't a boat ride at all.  We were on a celebrity cruise, looking at the homes of the rich and famous.  This man was supposed to be obsessed with other people's homes and lives and financial endeavors. 

Still, it was a lovely boat ride.  My son enjoyed looking over the railing and my daughter had a nice nap under the awning.  I found out houses can be much more expensive than I hadever imagined.

The Big Boy Update:  Planes.  He loves them.  He has no clue what they are, but they make noise in the sky.  He points and we say, "Plane!" Then he watches them until they're out of sight.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  GAAARRRR.  It is her new word.  She sounds like she's a growling monster.  It cones out suddenly, when you least expect it and we're not sure what it means.  It usually doesn't mean she's unhappy, so I'm thinking she's going to be a wookie when she grows up.

Right-size Countdown:  4.2 pounds to go at the week seven weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment