Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Closet Full of Clothes

After shopping to get a few new things, I started going through all the clothes in my closet.  I'm at a weight now where I should be able to fit into things again.  I didn't expect to find a whole closet full of clothes though.

That sounds strange, and indeed, it was.  But it's something we all do every year.  When it's winter and cold outside, we mentally exclude from our wardrobe all the clothes we have that are inappropriate for the time of year.  Shorts, t-shirts and flip flops are out, sweaters and fleece jackets are in.  When the weather changes come spring time, you mentally shift back to to the summer wear.

What happened to me was I mentally walled off the entire closet, aside from pregnancy clothes, to a "not appropriate at this time" category.  I started by trying on a shirt or two, and being surprised because they fit.  Then I tried on several more, and I realized the entire shelf of clothes not only fit, but could be worn in the current weather.  I sort of stood in the closet dumbfounded as I looked all around and realized I could wear everything in there now.

I had just bought several new shirts and a few shorts, but when I had gotten done putting them up, I felt like I had a hundred new shirts and all new pants to wear.  I'm going on a family vacation later this week.  Now I have to decide what to pack.  Normally, I'd pack without thinking too much, but now I get to pick from clothes I love that I haven't been able to wear in several years.   I may end up over packing.

The Big Boy Update:  Diaper rash.  He rarely gets diaper rash, but his antibiotic is giving him diarrhea and he's going all the time.  It doesn't smell as much and we don't realize he's gone until it's made his diaper rash even worse.  He has taken to screaming and fighting us on the changing table.  This morning, I hope it's healed some.  He really needs a break from skin issues.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Smiles are back.  She must be feeling better, because she's smiling again.  She seems more chipper and she's been very hungry as well.  Her skin is looking so much better.  She's almost back to her normal, baby self.

Right-size Countdown:  6.4 pounds to go

No comments:

Post a Comment