Sunday, April 8, 2012

Flowers & Horses, Nibbles & Bits

Flowers are nice.  I like flowers, but I don't love flowers.  I can appreciate them, but I've never cared about getting a bouquet and I don't feel "happier" just because there are flowers around.  Many people love flowers, I guess I'm just not one of them.  Candy... now that's a different story.

There's one exception to my flower rule.  I adore gardenias.  The bush isn't that pretty and the flowers are sort of limpy.  But the smell.  I love the smell.  I could just stand aound a gardenia bush and inhale deeply for a good part of the day.  There's a bush in the front yard here.  I've picked some flowers and have them on the bedside table so I can enjoy them all night.  Such a fragrant flower.

Horses are about the same as flowers for me.  They're impressive animals, they can be friendly and excellent companions.  But I've never been a horse person.  I didn't want to ride them, never cared about brushing them, and most definitely didn't want to own one.  Dogs.  Dogs are my thing.

I'm naming yesterday "Nibbles and Bits" day.  I fell prey to the "I'll just try one bite of that" fallacy.  I was unexpectedly hungry all day.  I had a hard time not eating the entire basket of chips at Mexican dinner.  Overall, not my best day as there were so many great looking and smelling foods around.  Today is Easter and we have a nice meal planned with the family.  I'm saving up so I can enjoy it fully.  No nibbling, no having, "just a bit." all through the day.

The Big Boy Update:  Off schedule.  He gets up at 9AM.  He doesn't get to get up early in our house.  He must play in his crib if he wakes up early until it's time to get up.  On vacation he's staying in the room with my in-laws and he's getting to get up much earlier.  I think he's enjoying it.  I hope he adjusts to his regular schedule when we get back home without too much fuss.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Easter dress.  She's got a little easter dress she's never worn for today. She and my son got easter baskets and an easter bunny that was hidden.  She had a nice time walking around the block while holding on to her easter bunny. 

Right-size countdown:  4.6 pounds to go

No comments:

Post a Comment