Friday, April 27, 2012

Less Explaining, Just the Facts.

I'm a teacher.  I'm from a family of teachers.  I believe I always enjoyed what I did because I like to help people understand.  But I'm not sure that's always the best way to be in all situations. 

More and more I feel like I'm trying to explain something, because if it was me, I'd want to understand instead of being just told.  But it doesn't resonate.  I get the feeling I'm boring family members, that the friend I'm telling isn't that interested in the details, or that people I interact with regularly don't want to know whatever it is in detail. 

So I'm trying to just say what, not how or why, and let it go at that.  I'm usually working on improving lots of things about myself.  Some I'm successful with, others not so much.  I'll have to see how it goes with this.

The Big Boy Update:  Standing on the chair.  He's sitting in my father's baby chair lately.  It's a wooden rocking chair that's over seventy years old.  We have pictures of my father in it as a child.  Only he likes to stand in it... and rock.  I predict a disaster in the near future.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Teeth?  Well, something is bothering her.  She wouldn't eat her bottle for dinner because she was so uncomfortable.  After a lot of trying different bottle-based options I just gave up and fed her yogurt, which she devoured.  In the next few days hopefully the bothersome tooth (teeth?) will erupt and she'll be okay with the bottle again.

Right-size Countdown:  1.6 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment