Saturday, April 21, 2012

Scale Upgrade

While on vacation I learned some digital scales, say ones not fourteen-years-old like mine, don't need to "zero out" before you step on them each time.  I discovered this after tapping and waiting for the one there to turn on and zero out several times to no avail.   Wait a minute, it only stays on when I put consistent pressure on it.  Could it be newer models don't need a three-second zero calibration period?...!  I am so going to need an upgrade.

After looking on the internet for a thin, sleek-looking one like the one I'd been using on vacation, I discovered that not only are they quite reasonable in price, they have new cool features like profile management for more than one person, they measure body percentages for body fat, hydration, muscle and bone mass.  Very nice.

I was particularly interested in the hydration percentage.  Some mornings I weigh unexpectedly more and I don't know why.  Other mornings, like this morning, I weighed less than expected.  Am I more hydrated some mornings than others?  Now I'll have a baseline I can compare to from day to day. 

On the accuracy front, the old scale and the new scale weighed me at the sane weight, to the tenth of a pound.  So I've moved over.

I was expecting to be under-hydrated today because I was weighing lower than I had expected.  But the percentage was fairly high.  More research as I move forward. 

At this rate, I'll reach my weight goal in a week or two.  But I'm going to keep on for just a little longer.  Mostly because your ideal weight in the morning, after all eliminations and anything else you can think of to get a lower weight isn't a real weight.  It's an optimal twenty-four hour weight.  I'd like my target weight to be the average weight I am during the day. 

It's also important to consider that the minute you stop dieting, you're sure to bounce back a little bit.  My hope is to both make my weight goal and keep my weight goal.

The Big Boy Update:  Operation Cohabitation is going very well.  He is quite interested in her music mobile at night, but he sleeps well and isn't overly disturbed by her crying when she wakes up or gets in an uncomfortable position.  He was so interested in her mobile that I gave him the remote so he could turn it on and off from across the room.  He had a great time pushing the single button on the remote.  I had to laugh though.  His mobile is the same brand and every time he turned her mobile on his went off.  He had a good time toggling them before I took the remote away so he'd go to sleep.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: Operation Cohabitation, eh?  She has no idea she's been moved or that she has a roommate.  She's the same good sleeper she was in the other room and doesn't seem to be bothered by him at all.  As I type this I realize tonight may be an entirely different story, but so far, so good.

Right-size Countdown:  1.0 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment