Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Where Does the Busy Come From?

I have been trying to figure out something.   Is the time slipping away, running off, or even being kidnapped?  Or is busy interposing itself in all the times that would have been otherwise free?  I've mentioned it before, and it still boggles my mind that while we're at home with COVID-19 and doing fewer things than we've ever done before, we seem to be doing in fact, much more. 

I'm partially to blame because I take on projects.   I create projects for myself, deciding we need to clean or organize or work on this or that.   The 3D printing is a good example.   And yet I can't understand it still.  Our children are older, take more care of themselves, are more independent.   We should have more free time because diapers don't need to be changed among other things.   

I feel swamped some days.   I used to go to bed at nine o'clock after the children were in bed.   I didn't have that much to do and I was tired from all that toddlers can do to tire you out.   But now, when the children get to bed, I have hours more work to get done before I head to bed. 

What bothers me the most is that I keep telling my children I'm busy.   That I can't right now.   Some of that I know is okay because if I didn't, my daughter would want to have me as her constant playmate all day.   I will happily be replaced when she can play with friends again, but still,  I hate saying no.  

It's my struggle to find a balance.  My husband does a better job of this than I do.   I've been trying to follow his example lately. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has committed to practicing for the Braille Challenging.   I need to figure out what I need to do to help her do the practicing.  I'm able to read braille, bur she's going to have to do most of the work once I hand her one of the challenge study tests.   I told her it wasn't a hurting thing, it was a best thing.   She wants to do well.   

The Big Boy Update:  COVID-19 is hard on us all.  My son complained loudly the other day, "I'm one of the most bored people in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment