Friday, February 12, 2021

Jabbed

Some days I have a lot to talk about.   I would say most days I have more to talk about than not.   Some of it isn't interesting to put down here, though.   I debate sometimes on if something is, "blog-worthy".   And then some days not a lot happened.  Today feels like one of those days. 

My back has been in terrible spasm for a while now.  I had a steroid injection in my spine about two weeks ago, which has helped in the past, but this time things only got worse.   I've been struggling with a ring of pain around my trunk that was ramping and causing me to have difficulty being functional—which is rather important when you have children who need and/or want you and your time. 

I saw my P.A. today and told him about the troubles I'd been having.   He got a needle and jabbed me with great kindness all over my back.   There were so many trigger points he went back and got a second round, putting the short and medium-term numbing everywhere we could find, in the hopes it would help the trigger points release and relieve me of some of the discomfort. 

He put me on a short round or oral steroids, something I haven't done in years, in the hopes we could get things to resolve and get me back to where I was prior.   He had said last month he thought I might have a bulging disk in my spine causing the trouble.   I have been anxious all month I might be on the way to surgery in the future.   Today, he said he didn't think I had anything to worry about.   I am hugely relieved because I really don't want to have another spine surgery if I don't have to.  

I came home and helped my daughter with some of her school work, got my son from school and then lay down to get a bit of rest (thanks again to my husband and children for understanding, as always.  I hate that I have to do so.)  

The Big Boy Update:  My son wanted to understand about my spine and how I was hurting when we were riding home from school.  He had all these ideas of what could be invented to help people with spine injuries and prevent them from happening in the future.  I loved his ideas, although they were naively impractical, they were good ideas nonetheless.   I told him if he could invent those things, he would help a lot of people.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has a new, large, plastic Paw Patrol toy.   She described it and we didn't think it existed but my husband saw it at Target today.   It was expensive but we would let my daughter buy it with her money if she wanted.   When I told her about it after hanging up she practically jumped out of her seat, saying, "YES!  Yes yes yes yes!  I will absolutely buy it!"  Suffice it to say, she is thrilled with this big plastic thing we're not sure where to put.   It is on the dining room table right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment