Monday, February 15, 2021

Four Feet of Snow

We rarely get snow here in the south where I live.   I can remember only a handful of times we ever got snow of over twelve inches in my now fifty-one years.   This year we missed a chance that would have been by my completely ignorant calculation, four feet of snow.   

It's been raining for five days, possibly six, now.   A lot of the rain has been on the heavy side.   Sometimes it's just sprinkling.   But regardless, the dog is not happy at me because I can't leave her outside for more than a brief stint when it calms down.   She might not get wet from the rain, but she sits down on the ground which is now beyond waterlogged. 

I talked to my daughter about it on the way to school today, saying if it had just been a little bit colder, we'd have had very high snow indeed.   We guessed how much snow it would have been and how that amount might measure up to her size.  What would the dog do to go outside?  How did people get to work.  What was the most snow ever anywhere, etc.   Lots of questions about the snow we didn't get. 

Typically any snow we might get will be over during the month of February.   Maybe we have another chance, but it'll have to get cold fast.   I don't know if there's any water left on our side of the country; it feels like we've already gotten it all.   Maybe there's a chance, but knowing how things go with snow around here, I'm guessing we'll have to wait for next year. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has picked up a lot of terms related to the games he plays when he's using his screen time.  Recently something happened to him and he made a mistake, I can't remember what it was but it was just a little mistake, like forgetting to put his water bottle in his backpack for school.   He looked at me and said, "I'm glitched!" by means of explaining he'd made a mistake. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is back in school.   She had a good day and was happy to say some of the friends that were virtual-only last semester have decided to come back to school (or their parents decided).   She got to see her friends, some of whom she hasn't seen since March of last year.   They've changed the schedule around as well, so while she has a different teacher for math, she's not in school, on her Chromebook, listening to a class that's for both the virtual and in-person students.   She had true non-virtual classes today.   She was very happy about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment