Sunday, February 21, 2021

Balance, Adorableness, and Delicacy

My son has to read three books before I will consider letting have screens back.   He has told his father he's thinking about, "waiting me out."   My husband told him he wasn't going to succeed because I wasn't going to give in.   But my son seems to want to wait instead of actually reading three books, something he could easily do.

He went skiing today with his father.   They went to my parents in the mountains without stopping to interact with anyone to be safe.  My parents have had both vaccines.   Then today they went on the mountain and did some skiing for the day.   Tonight they're home in time for school tomorrow. 

Yesterday before they left my son called me up to his room, saying, "Be prepared for balance, adorableness, and delicacy."   When I came in the room he had done this:


He had looked all over to find every stuffed animal in the house.   He'd even stolen some from his sister's room.   He told me you could see every single stuffed animal.    He was very happy about how he'd arranged them. 

Tonight when he got home, he went into his room and I looked down the hall to see him flinging the animals onto the floor, one by one.   He liked his creation, he just didn't want to sleep with it. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son can write.   He just doesn't want to.   I know he can write with ease because I found this on his desk:



The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was in the tub tonight waiting for me to read to her.   I came in to find half a bottle of shaving cream in the tub with her and the razor in her hand.   She happily told me she had shaved her legs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment