Thursday, February 25, 2021

Some Sort of Social Something

When I got to school today to pick up my son, he wasn't at the classroom.   I talked to his assistant teacher and she told me he was currently talking with the teacher outside.   Greyson loves his class and especially his teachers, so I was surprised when he got in the car and Michelle told me he was getting physical with another student. 

It wasn't much, but it counted.   My son went on in the back seat about how he has no friends, well, except for these three friends, and that there were only three people who were nice enough to like him as a friend.   The classroom and its students had become "a toxic environment"

Michelle and I talked to him for a while with her standing outside in conversation with just my son.   He had, she told me afterwards, gotten physical with another student.   The details of the actual incident were never conveyed to me.  He shoved or pushed or did something. 

The problems he's having are social in nature.  He's getting offended and then getting upset and not interacting positively with the other students.  He's likey imagining insults and then retaliating.   He's causing most of the problems with how he interacts with people'

She and I talked about it, along with my son, to see if the change in medication might have been a factor.  He's had screens taken away for a while now, so I don't know if that has any bearing on the situation.  He has a lot strong feelings about not being accepted and belonging to before, but this seems like it's something underlying thats's causing hin to have so much anger 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was up at eleven-thirty last night, not tired at all because he'd been listening to his audiobook in his room.   I took the Alexa away and he fell straight to sleep.   Without screens and Alexa he's been doing a lot of artwork.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The first day of the Braille Challenge was over fairly quickly.   My daughter thought she did well so far.   Tomorrow is the second half of the challenge.  We'll find out later if her scores are high enough to advance her to the next level of competition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment