Thursday, February 18, 2021

No Rain, Rain

Today was one of those days that started out great.  Everything was going well, and then it all went wrong.   One thing after another on my computer and the 3D printers just didn't want to work, broke or crashed.   Some days are like that.   So I took a nap.   Tomorrow is another day.

The rain finally stopped yesterday.   The yard didn't have standing water by the end of the day and the sun came out.   It wasn't warm, but it wasn't raining.   It was the first day both children were in school at the same time.  It didn't last long though.   

The temperature was dipping below freezing, or at least getting to freezing at some point for a few hours and it was going to start raining again—so the county canceled school and told everyone to go asynchronous for the day.   My son's school opened on a two-hour delay.   

It rained, I don't think it iced.  The temperature didn't get as cold as predicted.   The rain didn't stop though and as it approaches midnight, it's still raining.   We have the most hydrated plantlife around at this point.   But schools aren't canceling, so that's good.  I'll take it. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been nice to me, the parent who took away his screens for an indefinite time.   He made me an art creation, something like a koi fish he said is named "Me."   He did a lot of things today, none of which were screens.   He didn't ask.   He didn't complain.   Tomorrow the weekend starts.   I don't know what I'll decide about screens for the weekend yet, though. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter decided suddenly that she wanted to go to Build-a-Bear and get a bear with her own money.   They're expensive, but that's what she wanted.   She is now happily sleeping with Roarasarus, a red and yellow T-Rex with a beating heart, a soundbox full of noises when you press his hand and he also smells like cotton candy.   She has no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment