Friday, November 30, 2018

I Had a Blast

Tonight is the beginning of the festivities for my brother-in-law and his partner’s wedding.   I’ve been pretty excited about the weekend and if tonight is any indication, it’s going to be a weekend to remember.

Relatives and friends are coming from all over.   My husband and his parents hosted a party at our house for all the guests who arrived today, prior to tomorrow’s wedding.   We tried to make our house festive with holiday decorations and had some Italian food brought in.   There was champagne and a dessert I ordered from a pastry chef I loved.


Everyone is departing now and I’ve snuck into the bedroom to write a quick blog post.   Thankfully Aunt A and Uncle Bob’s mother were taking lots of pictures.   Tomorrow is the wedding and Sunday there’s a brunch.  Tonight’s wrapping up, I had a blast.  I’m looking forward to tomorrow.

The Big Boy Chronicles:  At the beginning of the party my son disappeared.   We found out he was standing right outside the front door.   When I opened it to tell him Grandma Leef had a present for him he told me, “not now.   I’m greeting the guests.”

The Getting Bigger Girl Update:  We got my daughter a navy dress for the wedding tomorrow to match the wedding main color of navy.   We also got her a second dress for tonight.   Tonight’s dress had an attached necklace.   She’s never had a necklace to go with an outfit before.   She liked dressing and wearing her red dress shoes.   I didn’t think she liked the necklace until later in the night when it disconnected from her dress.   She came to me upset about it.   I told her it was an easy fix and I’d fix it for her in the morning so she could go back to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment