Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Outta Time

Wow, it’s late.   Well, not late, late, but late for me.   We’re boarding a plane at five-twenty-something in the morning to go to Las Vegas with friends and to run in the Rock and Roll Marathon series.   We’re not marathoning this time, we’re doing the half marathon, with this being my husband’s first half marathon.

Remind me later how running a half marathon is a big deal.   It is, I know it is, because when I was training for my first 5K I didn’t think it was possible to run a 5K, much less a marathon.   My husband’s done a good, if sporadic job of training.   I’ve done a poor job of training and by rights I shouldn’t be able to run a half marathon given the few times I’ve actually gone out and run, or done any exercising for that matter.

But I was able to run the distance not that long ago and I’m sure the excitement of the event will give me the added energy to make it through.   Either that or I’ll just run faster to get around the people who are going slower than I am.   And while that’s not many people, there’s nothing like a packed group of slower-paced people in front of you to give you the energy for that burst of speed so you can get to a clear area just to see how much further you have to go before you’re back to the strip and the finish line.

My in-laws are here and have just met the dog.   I think she charmed them into being willing to take care of her for the duration while we’re gone.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me the dog gave him so many kisses he didn’t have enough room on his hand.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is still at that age where she wants to be pushed around in a cardboard box.   Tonight she said, “can someone push my box into the bathroom so I can brush my teeth?”  Her brother obliged her.

No comments:

Post a Comment