Wednesday, November 21, 2018

It’s Almost Like It’s Flying

It’s been ten months.  Ten months with the largest LEGO model ever sold on my dining room table. I like Star Wars. I grew up at the perfect age for the Star Wars era.  And I like LEGOs too,   But ten months with my dining room table being taken over by the LEGO “to scale with the mini figures” Melinnium Falcon was about my limit,

Breaking it down is, apparently, verboten, so a storage system needed to be created,   A box, reinforced, that could entomb the model for all time.   My husband has been using his power tools in the basement and emerged recently to prepare for the transport from the table to the attic,

My son has been interested in the process, following his father around.  As I heard them starting to climb the stairs I heard my husband say to my son, “it’s almost like it’s flying,”. And now, from the attic, my husband is sending me a text and a picture saying, “it made it.”

The Big Boy Update:  My son got in trouble tonight.  Big trouble.  It took a lot to calm him down afterwards, and while he’s fine now, he’s manic.  Seroiusly out of control.  I can’t get him calmed to go to bed.  Although, he got in trouble in part for being out of control.   I don’t really know what’s causing him to be so spastic right now.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is interacting more calmly with the dog now.  She's learning how to give her treats and pet her in a way the dog wants.    She’s carrying her around like a baby doll less (we're not allowing too much) and she has been doing a good job of redirecting when Matisse wants to chew on her clothes.   Im really proud of her for listening and trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment