Friday, November 23, 2018

Decorations Time

I’m putting up holiday decorations today.   I think a lot of families put them up this early.   This is the earliest I’ve ever put mine up.   I think it’s going to be the latest I’ll ever take them down too, as we’ll be traveling over Christmas and into the new year.  

I like the decorations when they’re up but I’m always glad when it’s time to put them away.   It’s strange how the house looks so empty once everything’s back in their boxes.   Right now I’m trying to clear off shelves to figure out where everything goes.   It should, if I remember things correctly, go the same place as last year.   Remembering is the trick, though.

My children are excited about the decorations, but not as much as they are the Halloween decorations, which we have far less of.  If I’m going to get this all done before bed I’d better get back to it.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is still “streaking” his pants.   He just doesn’t want to stop what he’s doing to go to the bathroom.   He’s gone through phases like this before, but this one is an annoyingly long one.   He has to clean what he messes up.   He’s getting to be pretty good at the cleaning; it’s not as much of a deterrent as it used to be.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is working on retraining the dog from biting and tugging on her clothes (something she initially encouraged) to tugging a chew toy instead.  She and the dog are having a lot of good time together this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment