Tuesday, November 6, 2018

She Hops

We’re having a fairly easy time of things as far as the puppy goes.   As long as we take her outside frequently, she takes care of things outside.   She gets along with the children—and I mean lots of children because the word is out there’s a puppy and we get more each day.  

She is eating well and had a near flawless performance at the vet today, being so nonchalant about the entire experience that she fell asleep on the table.   And that was after having her nails trimmed, fluids dumped into her ears and her body checked all over.   None of it bothered her.

I did wake up at four o’clock in the morning and decided to check to see if she’d made it without wetting her cage.  She can’t hold it for that long so even after my husband letting her out late, she hadn’t gotten to four without losing her bladder in the cage.   Not to worry, she shoved the small blanket over and was sleeping on the other side.

I pulled her out, took her outside and squatted down to her level.   You would have thought she’d won the lottery she was so happy to see me, prancing all around and jumping up to say hello.   I brought her back to the bed with me and he exuberance continued for about three minutes and then she decided she wanted to be on the pillow up against the headboard.  

I took her with me upstairs to get some of my children’s baby blankets to rotate in and out of her cage thinking they’d be a good size.   When I walked into my children’s room my daughter was awake.   She asked about Matisse and I said, “did you want to hold her?”  She said in a wonder-filled voice, “she’s here?”  

I handed the puppy to her and got some blankets and then watched for a bit as the puppy, who wanted to sleep, was hugged and petted by my daughter until it woke her up enough that she no longer wanted to sleep.  My daughter asked Alexa what time it was and I realized we needed to all return to our own beds.

Then, this morning, my daughter taught the dog to hop.   My daughter gets down close to the ground and does a sort of frog hop.   It’s looks like a little girl thing, but there’s a lot of safety in it too.   She is more grounded in an environment she can’t see.   Well, the dog watched this…and started jump hopping too.

I didn’t believe it until my husband sent me a video.   Tonight my daughter and Matisse got into some serious playing with both of them hopping towards and away from each other.   Everyone else standing around was laughing at how cute the dog was and we’d tell my daughter where the puppy had gone and in what direction to hop.

My daughter loved it.   The dog wanted to play with her and she was doing something the rest of us couldn’t do.   And that kind of thing is why we got the dog.

The Big Boy Update:  Uncle Jonathan was over for dinner.   My son had escaped and was upstairs playing Fortnite, although I’m not sure he had permission to.   The next thing we know he’s announcing on all the Alexa devices in the house, “I need 500 Wii bucks.   Can some give me some or get me some?”   My husband announced back, “no”.   We heard my son exclaim from upstairs, “aww”.   It turned out he wanted it to buy a, “make it rain” emote in the game.   It’s a gesture he likes to do from the game.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter’s Halloween candy was all over the table before dinner.   She had sorted it and was wanting to trade things with her brother.   After dinner as she was surveying her collection of candy she called out to her brother asking if he wanted to trade.   He did.   She can tell what a lot of the candy is, but some of them are hard to tell.   She can sort by like kind and then can ask what that item is.   But when its all the same sized mini candy bars she can’t tell one from another.  But she doesn’t mind asking which candies are what.   And she likes to share too.   She’s pretty generous with the candy considering how much she loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment