Saturday, November 24, 2018

Two Bowls Bigger

Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Margaret came over today.   There was some running done (on their part) and some holiday decorations being put up (on my side) and also some Thread Ripper computer assembly being worked on (on my husband’s end).   My children were doing their own things, mostly consisting of my daughter talking to us about anything and everything while my son played Spider Man on the Xbox.

My husband cooked dinner while Margaret and I talked, interspersed with my daughter talking to us and giving the dog treats, while Jonathan was told all about the Spider Man game by my son.   As the adults sat down to dinner, having gotten our bowls full with pasta and meat sauce, my son was already asking for his second bowl full.

A short few minutes later my son, again, asked for another bowl.   When it was time for dessert my daughter was ready (and when isn’t she ready for dessert).   My husband told her, “your brother ate two more bowls of pasta and you’ve only eaten one bowl.”   To which she replied, “but my brother is two bowls of pasta bigger than I am.”

The Big Boy Update:  My son got ice cream cake icing all over him.   All over his face, his hands and even part of his arm.   He wasn’t allowed to leave the eating area until he’d washed his hands.   As he left we noticed he still had icing on his face.   My daughter, always wanting to help out (or maybe to tattle) said, “Alexa, tell everyone, Greyson, you still have icing on your face.”   Alexa dutifully announced to all the Amazon Echos the message.   My son appeared at the top of the stairs, looked at all of us and made an exaggerated swipe of his face with his shirt sleeve, turned and returned downstairs.   It was so outlandish we couldn’t help but laugh.

The Tiny Girl Update as Well:  My daughter is doing well with the dog as far as training her with treats.   She will ask the dog to come and when the treat is taken out of her hand she knows she’s gotten it right.   She can’t tell when the dog is actually sitting or has laid down though, so she’s a little liberal with the treats.   She has, however, come up with her own challenge for the dog—one which the dog excels at.   It’s called, she told me, “find the treat”.   With the puppy in front of her she takes a treat and places it in her radius of reach on the ground.   This is usually about a foot away from the dog, who watches where she puts it down.   She happily says, “find!”  And since the dog knows exactly where it is, she quickly eats it up.   My daughter thinks the dog is a whiz at this new skill.   I hope my son or one of the neighbor children doesn’t ruin it for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment