Saturday, November 3, 2018

Early Morning Homework

I woke up this morning with my daughter standing on my side of the bed.   She said, “I wrote a poem for you, mom.”  I thanked her very much and put the braille page down on my nightstand and then fell straight back to sleep.  A while later my daughter came back, this time she said she’d created some homework sheets for me.   She’d stapled the pages together but I could unstable them when I did the work, because I was going to need to put the sheets back in the braillewriter to complete some things.

She said there was one page I was suppose to write the numbers as high as I knew.   She offered that if I wanted to count higher, I could add an extra sheet on and do more numbers in braille.   I told her how helpful this would be because I’ve been needing to work on my braille.   I asked her if she was using any dot-five contractions (the newest thing she’s been learning) and she said a few.

Again, I fell right back to sleep.   When I got up a little later I realized she’d spent a lot of time making things for me.   The poem was first and was fairly short, but thoughtful.   The page said:
“A poem for you:  The sun sets at the right time every day.  So we have a wonderful weekend.”

The worksheets were another matter.   Let us say I have a lot of work to do to complete my assignment before going out tonight.   I had to do pre-work, translating the pages.   After I finish posting this I’m going to do phase two and complete the work itself.


The Big Boy Update:  Last week, before Halloween was even over, my son asked, “when are we setting up for Christmas?”   "Not yet.   Definitely not yet," I told hom.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My husband and daughter are going to a Y Guides camp out tonight.   They’re about to leave.   There will be a hike and cookout and then sleeping in tents in the back yard. I think my daughter is excited.   She’s pretty laid back about it right now as they’re getting ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment