Friday, June 29, 2018

What I Learned

My daughter came home from school today with a full backpack of work she’d completed over the last quarter with a few complications she’d worked on since the beginning of the year.   In the stack was one final work she did today, summarizing her year in Kindergarten:



She typed the entire page, unassisted with spelling from her teacher.   Translation was provided for us by her Braillest, who’s last day of work before retirement was also today.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son’s was on the way to tumbling with his sitter this evening when I got a text that my son has said, “my brain can’t handle anymore phrases or big words.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted a piece of the Himalayan pink rock salt I had gotten at the store last week.   I gave her a small piece which she sucked on while bouncing on the purple yoga ball.   With all the bouncing around, it fell out of her mouth.  I helped her find it and got it washed off.   The second time it fell out she proclaimed exasperatedly, “my salt fell out.  I can’t find it.   This is a really, really bad day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment