Tuesday, June 26, 2018

He Does It Better

My husband mentioned tonight how my daughter’s hair still looked good after two days without being washed—and how he did her hair.   Also, when I was going to blog about how he’s better at doing her hair than I am.   So here it is.  

The thing is, he does do it better.   I tried product after product on my daughter’s fine, delicate, fly-away hair in the hopes I’d come up with a magic formula to make her hair both manageable and silky smooth.   I have yet to find the formula for that though.  

What my husband does is some combination of product spraying, drying a certain way, followed by a final spray of product and then a wee bit more drying.   Every time he does this her hair looks good for days.  

I think I should sign him up for hair drying duty going forward.   Although he also admits he’s miserable at putting her hair into an elastic band.   He doesn’t frequently have to do this, even though her hair is put up most days to prevent food from getting in it and to keep it out of her work as she leans over to see whatever it is she’s working on.

On the occasions when he’s taken her to Detroit, it’s always interesting to see what state her hair is in when they arrive home.   My daughter doesn’t seem to care though.

The Big Boy Update:   I asked my daughter if I could hug her tonight as she was rolling around on the floor, wrapping herself in a blanket.   She was watching (listening) to her brother play Fortnite and protested when I hugged her too long, saying I loved her while she was saying I was crushing her.   Her brother, mid-game, informed us, “you can’t love someone too much.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I’ve been looking at options to have the computer speak what my daughter is typing.   Voiceover, which she’s used on the iPad for navigation, works well on the Mac.   I turned it on tonight and found out she already knew the location of the ASDF keys as well as the shift and space bar.   I showed her how to locate and spell her name, with each key pressed speaking out what she’d typed.   She had a good bit of fun with the numbers, although she was surprised there was no ’10’ key.   She’ll have to learn to touch type in the next few years.   Soon enough she’s going to be sending emails to people based on her track record with picking up technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment