Thursday, June 28, 2018

Crowns

I went to the dentist (Walter, who is also my next door neighbor) two days ago and then again today.  I have some crowns that need replacing and some new crowns.   I was at his office for several hours the other day getting things prepped for the new crowns.

To numb my mouth the numbing medication had epinephrine added included in the syringe.  The epinephrine helps the medication stay in the area for longer so you don’t have to be numbed more than once.   But it also gets into your system while you lie there in the chair.

I felt strange.   When I got up I felt half drunk and almost stumbled getting to the bathroom.   Apparently it affects people differently.   When I left with several new temporary crowns in place, I sat in the car for a while just to make sure I was safe to drive.

Then, as is common with my mouth, I broke one of the temporary crowns later that day.   I didn’t want to be a bother, but when Walter messaged me the next day asking how things were going, I told him.   He said he wasn’t surprised, that particular tooth was very thin on the crown and if I’d come back in this morning he’d use a different type of material for the temporary crown.

I go back in two weeks for the new crowns, which are zirconia and apparently won’t break, even if you hit them with a hammer, so Walter says.    I have no plans of hitting my mouth with a hammer, so I think we’re safe there.

The Big Boy Update:  My husband took my son to see The Incredibles 2.  My son is always, always resistant to see any movie unless he’s seen it before.   Once he’s watched a movie though he loves it, talks about it and wants to see it again.   My son was really into the movie, especially the parts with Jack Jack.   He yelled out and clapped at one point he was so excited.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter likes to sing lot.   Sometimes my son will ask her to stop.   This might be in the car when she’s loud and we’re all trying to talk.   It might be at home when my son is working on school work.   My son will ask her multiple times to stop, asking politely and then more insistently and then angrily.    Tonight the roles were reversed.   My son was jumping around and singing in the living room and my daughter couldn’t hear what she was watching on her iPad.   I told her that’s what it’s like when she does the same thing to her brother—which she does regularly.   I don’t think she liked the comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment