Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Rev Your Engine

My husband and I wee going to a school event this evening when we found ourselves at a stop light beside a fast, exotic sports car.  We were sitting in our Tesla.Model S and got to talking about our experiences with other cars.

Did we have cars want to “race” us?  The Tesla Model S (or Model X for that matter) doesnt look like a particularly fast car.  It was designed to be as efficient as possible, which makes the body style streamlined, but in my opinion more like a standard sedan as opposed to a sports car.  In fact, our Model S is the fastest production car made and can easily beat even the fastest sports cars 0-60 or in a quarter mile.  But it doesn’t look that way if you don’t know much about the cars.

So do we have people want to race us?   In my experience, not really.  I’ve had some people look at me and then drive off quickly after the light turns green, but I’m not much for racing so I’ve never followed them.  

One thing we can’t do in our cars is rev the engine...because there is no engine.  Nothing is idling, and there's no sound.  When the light turns green you just accelerate and you’re gone.  I don’t miss having an engine, or the smelly gas you have to fuel it with.

The Big Boy Update:  After leaving for dinner, my sitter messaged me saying, “um, how do people get pregnant?”  I messaged him back, “good luck with that”.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's taxi driver has two additional children on her route starting this week.  She is asking if my daughter can be ready an extra fifteen minutes early.  We're already tight on time with her in the morning but this morning she was great and got ready in time.  We'll see if her enthusiasm to move quickly continues for another three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment