Saturday, June 9, 2018

I’ll Tri

I’m doing a triathlon tomorrow with my cousin, Rebecca.   The very first triathlon I ever did was with her daughter some years ago.   It wasn’t quite as long as this, but it was similar.   We’re swimming 250 meters, biking somewhere between eight and nine miles and then running two miles.  

My cousin has been training in all three events.   I’ve done the running portion, but that’s not saying much as the running is the thing I typically do when I exercise.   I’m a little anxious about this tomorrow because I probably should have done more training.   We’ll find out if I make it tomorrow I suppose.

My husband inflated my bike tires and Rebecca and I biked around the neighborhood here for two miles.   I remembered how to ride a bike, which is a positive sign.   I decided to not use the clip in shoes because from the olympic triathlon I did before, the things are sheer evil.  

In fact, it’s not the shoes that are evil, more my inability to prepare to clip out at the right time—ever. How I made it through the race without scraping my legs badly in a fall, I don’t know.  

We just went to our next door neighbor’s graduation pool party.  My children had a good time and I gorged myself on Moe’s, cookies and ice cream from the ice cream truck.   I am so full now I’m going to stumble to bed after writing this and go to sleep I hope.

The Big Boy Update:  My son and daughter were the only two young children at the graduation party tonight.   Everyone else was in high school.   My son spent the entire time with the high schoolers.  I was afraid he was annoying them or trying to pick up the girls or impress the boys.   When I asked them about it Blake told me, “no, we love him.   He’s like a little meme.  He’s hilarious.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter did not want to get out of the pool today.  I think she may have spent upwards of five hours in the pool during the day and at the graduation party this evening.   When I asked her if she wanted to go home with me or stay with dad as the sunlight was fading, “of course I want to stay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment