Friday, June 15, 2018

Take a Picture

My daughter wants pictures taken of everything.   I’ve mentioned her obsessive screen capturing while on the iPad before (the last time I deleted them she had taken over 2000 in a matter of weeks).   She also wants us to take pictures of things with our phones.  Of all kinds of things.

She brought in an apple slice a week ago, saying it was a very nice apple slice and could I take a picture of it.   Her old toothbrush that we had to throw away she wanted a last picture of for memory’s sake.   Tonight she asked me to get my phone for a picture of the most perfect piece of ice.

She’ll get my phone if I don’t have it with me and then ask for the picture to be taken.   But here’s the thing: she doesn’t want to see the pictures after they’ve been taken.   I don’t know if she can’t see them well or if she just likes knowing the point in time has been preserved, but it’s only the picture taking that’s the important part to her.

The Big Boy Update:  My husband was in a golf tournament yesterday and today.   My son had overheard my in-laws and me talking that he wasn’t having his best round.   When dad called at the end of the night my son asked him, “dad, how bad did you do?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter didn’t want to go out on the play set after the addition we had done yesterday.   I wasn’t sure why until she refused to go out, stating there were monsters there. My husband and I went out with her and as soon as we showed her the first new swing she forgot all her fears and didn’t want to come in as it was getting dark.   I don’t know where the idea of monsters came from, she either didn’t want to say or didn’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment