Tuesday, June 19, 2018

End of Year Songs

The Children’s (current) Favorite Songs: 
Every year at the end of school it seems to be tradition for a class list of songs to commemorate the year.   It’s been called the “Class CD” for a while now, and sometimes we get CD’s back from those who coordinate it, but CD’s are a cumbersome medium when you don’t have a CD player in your car or on your computer and you have to figure out how to get the songs off the CD into a format you can play them.  

For my son’s class this year we had a playlist on iTunes that came out for those with Apple Music as well as two CDs which my husband has yet to rip on his computer (which does have a CD player).   My daughter’s class has been asked for songs, but they’re going to play them in the classroom, I don’t think we’ll get a list back.

The class song lists have been fun though.   For the first few years we’d play the music in the car and my son or daughter would call out who’s favorite song it was.  At their Montessori school it’s always been one song.   This year my son’s song was The Spectre by Alan Walker.  There is just Spectre and then there’s The Spectre.   Both children like both songs, but my son selected the one with words instead of the instrumental, more upbeat wordless version.

My daughter has been asked for three songs which they’re planning on playing in her class tomorrow.   She had no difficulty in selecting the first one: Material Girl by Madonna.   We have a music station based on this song in the car it’s been so popular.  Her second song was, The Middle by Zedd.  Her last song is IDGAF by Dua Lipa.   And since this song’s ‘F’ stands for a word kindergartners shouldn’t probably be listening to in class, I put (clean version) on the sheet I’m sending in.   Most of the versions of the song have the whole word omitted and my daughter doesn’t have any clue what the song is really about, but I told her there was a good chance they might not play that one tomorrow.   She was okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment