Saturday, June 23, 2018

Last Week of School

My daughter’s last week of school as a kindergartner is this coming week.   She’s been doing well in school and is looking forward to starting first grade in what won’t exactly be, “the fall” because she’s in year-round school.  

She’s only out for the month of July.   Her winter break during the Chrismas/New Year’s season is the same amount of time as her entire summer break.   Which is strange to me, because I grew up with three months of summer, glorious summer.  

My son is in traditional calendar school, so he has the long summers but my daughter won’t ever miss it, since she never really had it.    I don’t know that I like it myself.   It’s nice to have that big block of time in the summer to go to the pool, play outside, avoid playing outside due to the heat and visit family.  

I wonder if they’ll be envious of their sibling’s school schedule as they grow older, and if so, in which direction?

The Big Boy Update:  My son left his back pack and lunch box at Parkour camp yesterday.   He’s going back tomorrow for tumbling class and will bring it home them.   I’m afraid of what it will be like, unrefrigerated, after two days.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter helped our sitter make cup cakes today.   They succeeded in using more cooking tools than we’d ever seen used before.   I think I could have done it with a fourth of the items that needed to be washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment