Monday, June 18, 2018

Water and Stone

I just left my children’s room after a near epic battle of “they want something just to get their way” versus “you’re not going to win, I’m the parent”.   The battle was over a sip of water in a cup, which after poor behavior and unkind words from both of them, wasn’t going to happen.

They got more “dehydrated” they told me as the wailing, moaning, pleading, insulting and threatening didn’t work.   In the end, I distracted them by bringing my husband into the room so I could sneak into their bathroom and turn off the water to the sink from under the counter.

That was the “water” part of this post.  The “stone” part is about my father-in-law who is visiting and has a kidney stone.   They are very painful and he’s having it addressed in a day or two but for now, it’s hard to see him suffering.

Oh, and I had two teeth fall out today.   I have a double crown on two implants.  Double in that it’s a fused crown.   Today, after several years of spotless service, it just popped off.   I texted my neighbor (who is also my dentist) and he’s going to cement it back in tomorrow.   The cement he used before was the temporary cement, which stuck so well we left it.   Several years with temporary cement isn’t half bad.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son had his first day of parkour camp today.  He came home with every single bit of his food eaten.   I’m sending in more tomorrow.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter closed her finger in a drawer two nights ago.   As I was giving her an ice pack she said, “I don’t even like that finger anymore!”

No comments:

Post a Comment