Saturday, November 5, 2016

To the Convention Center and Back

It was an early morning, heading to New York with my best friend to run the New York marathon tomorrow.  I'm tired as I write this (in a taxi) so I'll make it brief.   It's been a busy day.  

We arrived in the city and headed straight for the expo to pick up our bibs.  After looking around, we left, went to the hotel, got lunch and came back when our room was available for check-in. As we were looking over our things for the race tomorrow, my friend noticed she had the wrong bib.   

We had to go back to the Convention Center to make a swap.  Fortunately her bib was still there and she had returned the man's one she had by mistake.  As we were about to leave we we're talking about how timing had worked out as the other man hadn't gotten there yet to pick up his bib—at which point he walked up to the table beside us to check in.  

In over fifty thousand runners, what a coincidence.  

The Big Boy Update: I asked my son how it went during playground time at school the other day.  He told me, "well, I didn't really do any roughousing".

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  my daughter was playing on a  huge leaf and mulch pile under old growth trees in an area she didn't know recently.  I noticed she wanted a stick to use to fill her way around.   The cane work has taught her to use her other senses to find out about her environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment