Friday, November 18, 2016

Numb Toes

I still have two toes that are numb on my right foot from the Rock & Roll marathon this past Sunday. This happens sometimes when I run for long distances, particularly if those long distances are on pavement instead of trail.  

I also have a few pair of high heel shoes that do the same thing in an even shorter period of time than long runs take.   I’m not sure what is pressing on where and why the numbness takes multiple days to return, but it’s not painful at all, which is nice.   Typically I won’t even notice when the feeling returns, I’ll realize a few days later that things got back to normal.

Does this mean wearing uncomfortably high heels and running long distances are bad for me?   Could this well be an excuse to become a poorly-dressed, lazy person?   Tempting, definitely tempting…

The Big Boy Update:   My son got in the car today and asked me, “is your head edible?”   I told him I wasn’t sure, if it was, what did he think it would taste like?   He thought about it and then said, “skin, bones and blood”.   Then we voted not to eat my head.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter likes to stand on her toes.   She curls them under and stands up on her feet, making it look a little like she a dancer in point shoes.    I used to love to do the same thing when I was a child.   It was comfortable and felt good to stretch my toes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment