Friday, November 11, 2016

Five and Five

Today I have two five-year-old children.   It’s always fun to tell the children how they’re the same age for the next month.    They’re older and a little more savvy now so they get into the, “but I’m five and three-fourths and she’s only just five,” conversations.

My children are with my in-laws while my husband and I are in Las Vegas for the Rock and Roll marathon.   We called the children a bit ago to wish my daughter happy birthday and tell them we missed them.   They were happy to talk to us, but it was apparent fairly quickly they were busy with other things.   My son, for instance, said, “mom, do you want to talk to your favorite friend, Papa?”   I told him sure.   He realized he didn’t even know where Papa was a that point so he offered up Nana to talk to me next.

I’m glad they’re happy and having fun.   We’re getting together with close friends for dinner shortly.   We haven’t had a chance to spend much time with our friends lately and are looking forward to the next few days.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was pointing out one of his classmates as we drove off after school.   I wasn’t sure which one he was talking about so he helped me by saying, “see that lady in the brown skin?  She’s just beside her.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to know where dad had gone the other night.   She was in her bed with the lights out and the door to their room shut.  I told her dad was in the basement and hadn’t gone anywhere.   She said, “but I heard the door wobble.”   Their bedroom door upstairs will wobble in the frame just slightly when the front door or garage door are opened due to a change in pressure or air flow in the house.   I told her dad hadn’t left, Walter had come over to work on their pinball machine.    My little girl is paying attention to things other children with sight might not notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment