Thursday, November 10, 2016

Just About Five

My daughter will be five-years-old tomorrow.   My husband and I leave to go to Las Vegas in the morning for the Las Vegas Rock and Roll Marathon and a fun weekend with friends.    We celebrated tonight with my daughter and my in-laws since we’ll miss seeing her tomorrow.

She wasn’t upset because her birthday party isn’t for another week, her school celebration is next week, she’s going to have a fun weekend with Nana and Papa and she’s already gotten several presents.    So to her, the actual day of her birthday isn’t the only thing about turning a year older.

She decided she wanted to go to a hibachi restaurant tonight (“the place with the fire in front of you when they cook” was the phrase she used).   Nana and Papa arrived and we headed off.   She did have a good time at dinner and so did my son.  

We came home had Hello Kitty Carvel ice cream cake, she opened a present of two dresses from Nana and Papa, there was a bath and then two tired children went to bed.   Now I have to get myself ready so I can get up at far-too-early o’clock to head to the airport.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was manic this afternoon.   I’m not sure what it was, but he was particularly excited at dinner, yelling out to the hibachi chef how he was hungry.   After he had been served a few things he said out loud, “it’s the best salmon in my life!   It’s the best food in my life!”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  After my daughter was done eating dinner she and my son wanted to go play outside the restaurant on the sidewalk with Nana.   It had gotten chilly so I asked my daughter if she wanted her vest.   She said no, turned to keep walking but turned back again and said, “remember, I’m never cold”.

No comments:

Post a Comment